Annual Fund: Direct Mail Solicitations
July 23, 2013
Notes provided by: Betty Karlsson, LSU
- Many universities include a picture of an animal on the outside of their envelopes.
- Genuine Pen – this is a computer that “hand writes” addresses on envelopes.
- Good holiday giving quote:
- “For the person who has everything, help the animals that don’t.”
- Holiday cards – many universities send out electronic cards. Very few still send out hard copies with signatures.
- Many universities send a follow up e-mail after they mail a solicitation.
- Once a week, the development officers at Tufts call each $100+ donor and thank them. They also call all first time donors.
- Many universities saw success asking for a specific need – not to an unrestricted fund.